Monday, August 31, 2009

Welcome to the World, Lochlan!!

Well, this is a happy post... at least to our family!!
On August 3rd, my beautiful baby sister had her second baby boy!! His name is Lochlan Edward Wehner (just to be clear... the Edward part is in homage to Josh's grandpa... not to Edward Cullen the vampire). Weighing in at 6 pounds 12 oz and 19 1/2 inches long... he is another beautiful addition to an amazing family. He is adorable with a head full of thick, dark hair!! Declan is a proud big brother and is already very protective of his baby!!
Kyrie and the baby are great... especially since he's 4 weeks old, now!! On Tuesday, the 18th, Mike and I took Declan over night for a little slumber party with us. We took him to a BBQ at Dan and Eva's house, where he was the life of the party. I tell you, there's nothing better than a 3 year old little boy convincing 3 late 20's men to watch "Tarzan" with him!! After the BBQ, we went back to our house and watched "Bolt" with the little man. We even made Sprite floats... we were out of root beer. Declan passed out in about 20 minutes, snuggled up next to his beloved Uncle Mike!

The next day was an exciting one for me. I had taken the day off to spend it with Kyrie and baby Loch. I promised Kyrie that I would take Dec to school (it was water day... and he loves water day), then head to her house. Well, within about 20 minutes of Declan waking up, we were in full meltdown mode. I couldn't get him to eat anything for breakfast... and I felt so guilty! I couldn't stomach the thought of him going to school and being hungry, needless to say, we survived and I made it to Kyrie's by about 9:15 a.m.
I had spoken to her about 3 times that morning, so I was surprised to see her and baby Loch passed out in her bedroom. Seeing that she was sleeping so peacefully, when sleep is so rare for her these days, I crawled under her covers. After a few seconds... she realized I was there and asked if we could take a quck 30 minute nap. I, of course, said sure!! The next thing we know, we're finally waking up and it's almost 12:00 p.m. So much for a fun-filled sister day... ha ha!!
Anyways, here are some adorable pics of our newest family member:




No comments: