Tuesday, October 6, 2009

The Grass is Always Greener!



I can't believe that Mike and I have been in our house for a whole year!  Time has flown by so quickly, this year... I can hardly keep up.

One of our biggest accomplishments this summer was getting our grass in!!  Well, it was mostly Mike, but I did help with the weeding and 1 or 2 rolls of sod. 

Since we were given about 2,000 square feet of sod free, from our builders, we were sort of in a hurry to get it in by the end of September.  So for the month of August and the beginning of September, Mike, his dad, and brother (Daniel) worked tirelessly... trying to get the yard prepared.

About 3 weeks ago, Ivory Homes put in the yard for a spec home that they built across the street from us.  It seemed to us that they ordered a little too much, so for about 4 days after they'd finished the yard, we watched the extra sod sit there... waiting for its owners to come back and take it home.  We didn't think too much of it; after all, we were still prepping out yard and hadn't called the sod farm to deliver our free grass, yet.

It was around the 5th day that Mike, Todd, and Dan finished prepping the dirt directly in front of our porch.  Knowing that in about 2 more days, the sod across the street would go bad...  Mike and his "assistants" decided that the sod's new home would be our front yard!!  Yes, that is correct friends... we borrowed sod from the house across the street to complete our front yard!!

Don't worry... it's all been taken care of.  We finished up the entire front, sides, and some of the back yard.  Now, we're excited for the spring to get here... when we can finish the back yard and have friends and family over for a summer BBQ!!!

Here are some pics of our new, green, GRASS!!



 





4 comments:

Jer and Jealin said...

I love it! You have such a cute house! I need to see it in real life now. :) Miss you!

Kirstin said...

You are on a roll!

This post, somehow, looks better than the rest of your posts...almost like it was done on a superior computer. Weird.

3inpink and 1inblue! said...

We hope sometime we can see your house in person. Good job. Oh and yes we saw Kyrie and your mom at the Greek Festival. It was yummy. It would have been nice to see you too. Have a great day. OH I joined Weight Watchers after Lexi was born and for me it's a good motivator for me. Good luck with everything. Stacy

Stuart and Sarah said...

Looks Awesome!