It was a funny day, though. The last 2 anniversaries we've had have been less than spectacular. They just fell on bad days... our 3rd anniversary was only a few days after my dreaded eye surgery, so we didn't even leave the house... and I was blind! This year, I was determined for it to be a good one. All I wanted to do was go to dinner, get a dessert to-go, then go home and watch the Jazz game while we had our sweet treat. Not too much to ask right... WRONG!!
On Monday night, I got sick... we're talking, up ALL night, praying to the porcelain toilet gods sick!! I stayed home from work on Tuesday to try and get better so that we could have our anniversary celebration, this year. Ha-ha - silly me... that was not going to happen...
Anyway, when Mike came home from work, I was trying to put on my "I'm all better" face, which actually worked for a while. I convinced him that I was okay enough for our special dinner - I wasn't - and we shouldn't have gone. I only ate about 4 bites of my pasta dinner and had 1 bite of dessert.
Mike was really sweet... he had sympathy for me, and was trying to make the best of things. On the way home from dinner, I said to him "so, I guess I ruined another one, didn't I?". Giggling, he answered "yes, babe... yes you did" - he then leaned over and gave me a little kiss on the cheek.
When we got home to watch the Jazz game (that I REALLY wanted to watch), I just passed out on the couch.
At least we got a couple pictures to remember our day:
Oh well, there's always next year... :)
3 comments:
Yay! Happy anniversary. I'm so sorry to hear about your night. At least you looked good in the pictures! :)
You're such a trooper! Happy anniversary to you both! One of these years we can go on a super fancy vacation all together, cuz our anniversaries are so close! Miss you guys!
Poor Britty...I wonder what will come up next year!
Post a Comment